- We see your privacy as a right and not just a privilege.
- We respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information.
- We will tell you what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
- We give you choices as to how your personal information will be used.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- Our corporate and product websites such as www.soundwall.com (see Q&A “cookies” below).
- Telephone. You may call us and provide us with information.
- Email. You may email us and provide us with information or we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such functionality.
- Registrations of Your Product. When you choose to register your product you will be asked for information about you as part of the registration.
- Use of Certain Products or Apps. Our products utilize servers owned or leased by Soundwall in order to store or provide you with information such as music content or other content that may be streamed from our servers to your products. An example of this would be using our Soundwall app to create playlists or to access music services whose content comes through the app. In these cases a historical listing of the content may be kept on our servers so as to allow you to recall the list of content played, for example.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is private data about you as an individual. Examples of this data would be your name, street address, telephone number, email address, and other personal information that identifies you as you. We call this "Personal Information" for short.
- "Non-Personal Information" is information about how you use our website and products that is not connected to your particular name, street address, or other Personal Information. For example, Non-Personal Information could include city, state, IP addresses, how many people viewed a particular page on our website or how many people upgraded to our latest software, without connecting that Information to the specific identities of those people.
What information does Soundwall collect from its websites?
When you visit certain areas of our websites, we may ask if you would like to register by providing Personal Information. For example, if you buy a product, enter a contest, or subscribe to a mailing list from our site, we will ask you for certain Personal Information in connection with that transaction. We also collect Non-Personal Information from the website, including which pages you look at and other similar data.
What are “Cookies”
As do most websites, soundwall.com uses "cookies." A cookie is a small data file that a website can send to your browser to be stored automatically on your computer. Cookies are commonly used to track your visits to a site so you don't have to log in on every page and to analyze how you use the site. This allows website operators to serve you better. You may also set your Internet browser to reject cookies to limit the collection of Non-Personal Information from our website, but this may affect your ability to use some parts of our website.
When you register your Soundwall product at soundwall.com, we collect Personal Information. Our practices regarding the collection and use of this information are described below.
What information does Soundwall collect from its products?
When you use your Soundwall, certain functionality such as streaming will leave a history of your use that may include listings of content played, playlists, which services were utilized etc. Your computer’s unique internet protocol (IP) address will be logged into our systems along with the serial number of your Soundwall product. Other than this, no other information will be collected until you purchase and connect more Soundwall products to your system (then the same initial information would be transmitted). Your system will periodically report the following types of information: country location; IP address; device details (model, mac address, update activity – last time device performed an update check) and playback tracking
How does Soundwall use the information it collects?
We may use Personal Information we collect to complete a transaction you request. Soundwall may also use your mailing address; telephone number or email address to alert you to special offers, updated information and new services. If you don't want Soundwall to contact you, just let us know and we will remove you from our contact list.
Non-Personal Information collected through our website is used for maintenance, monitoring and marketing uses, but Non-Personal Information linked to your Personal Information will not be provided to third parties.
Personal Information will not be provided to third parties without your approval except in the limited circumstances listed below. Further, Non-Personal Information will not be linked to Personal Information if we provide it to third parties.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform necessary functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, analyzing data, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. To perform their services they are given access to personal information but may not use the information for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: If our business is sold or transferred, customer information would be expected to be one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the commitment made in this policy unless the company that acquires it informs you otherwise.
The Soundwall website is not intended for use by children and does not solicit them. Soundwall does not knowingly obtain or try to obtain personal information from children or request such information from them.
Can I correct the information collected about me?
Soundwall believes in and supports your right to access and correct the Personal Information you have provided us. To do so, simply contact Soundwall at +1-303-952-9665 and we will make corrections that you request.
Is all of my information kept securely?
Soundwall has security measures in place that are designed to protect your information. All Personal Information and any Non-Personal Information is stored in a physically secured environment. Access to this information is strictly limited to individuals with a legitimate reason to have access, who have signed agreements that prohibit the unauthorized use or disclosure of such information, and who know their access activities are monitored. In addition, all of Soundwall’s stored information is firewall protected in a manner designed to prevent unauthorized access into our systems. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of your data will not occur, we work hard to prevent such occurrences.
One thing that will never change at Soundwall is our commitment to your privacy.
What if I have other questions?
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, please let us know. We comply fully with the legal and regulatory supervisory authorities responsible for enforcing our adherence to the privacy principles stated above.